Re: Grants.gov saving files Meyer, Diane M [S P] 02 Apr 2007 19:35 EST

Mike,

At ISU we ask the PI/Department for a copy of the Proposal as submitted.
We don't copy and mail centrally so they make an extra paper copy for
us.  When we submit electronically (centrally), we save a copy of the
file and don't ask the PI/Department for a paper copy.  For NSF and NIH,
we save the PDF file of the entire proposal and the Grants.gov
application.  For all other Grants.gov submissions, we only save the
Grants.gov application.  Since our internal routing form is electronic,
we save the files to the same folder as the "GoldSheet."

Diane

Diane M. Meyer, Proposal Team Director
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Iowa State University
1138 Pearson
Ames, Iowa  50011-2207
515-294-4567 (voice)  515-294-8000 (fax)

http://ospa.iastate.edu

Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make
them bloom?

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Behalf
> Of Nguyen, Michael M
> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 11:09 AM
> To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
> Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov saving files
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> Do you guys archive the PDF image even though you can just pull it
from
> Commons?
>
> I've heard conflicting things, but don't grant images stay in commons
> indefinitely?
>
> It would be interesting to see how some of the advanced solutions
handle
> this?  Are you guys just storing the xml data in a database?  Or do
you
> actually keep a image of the final application?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Mike
>

> Michael Nguyen
> Electronic Research Administrator