Re: CRA Exam - what's it like Powell, Panda 29 Mar 2007 10:29 EST

I have to agree with most of the responses I have seen so far...the
sample test was much easier than the actual test.  I studied on my own
during my own time because there wasn't time during the work day to
study.  I didn't attend any review sessions but it would have been
beneficial.  When I took the test, it was in the paper and pencil,
complete the "bubble" format.  I found that the test answers usually had

I did pass the test, so my 17+ years of experience did help.

Panda Powell, CRA
Grants Compliance Administrator
Marshall University Research Corporation
401 11th Street, 14th Floor
Huntington, West Virginia  25701
Phone:  304-696-6676
Fax:  304-697-2770
e-mail:  xxxxxx@marshall.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Joyce Davies
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:29 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] CRA Exam - what's it like

I felt that the sample test was much easier than the actual exam. Since
I studied on my own, without the benefit of a study group, I used the
sample test to help me figure out what subject areas and terms I needed
to research further. Even if I thought I knew the subject, I researched
it further to see what other information was out there. The internet was
a fabulous tool for researching all sorts of information.

I took a review course a month before the exam, and it really just
confirmed what I had already figured out on my own but it gave me the
added focus and confidence for the final days before the exam. I believe
if you have the opportunity to get involved with a study group, it would
be more beneficial than the review course. I just didn't have that
available to me at the time.

Joyce M. Davies, CPA, CRA
Senior Manager, Financial Services
Ohio University's Voinovich Center for Leadership and Public Affairs The
Ridges, Building 22, Rm 108 Athens, OH 45701

(P)740-597-2578
(F)740-593-4398
xxxxxx@ohio.edu

--On Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:38 PM -0700 Kristen Wolff