Re: CRA Certification Joyce Davies 28 Mar 2007 12:42 EST

Hi,

I couldn't help getting in on this discussion. I was in a postaward grants
accounting environment at a different institution when I started seeing job
postings that required the CRA. My former institution wasn't especially
supportive but I decided to pursue it for my own benefit and paid for all
of the expenses on my own.

I agree with Joanne that it was definitely money well spent. I studied on
my own, took a review class a month before the exam, and passed the exam in
Oct 2005. It was a very rewarding experience for me (both personally and
professionally) and I'm really glad that I did it. It was definitely a
confidence booster. I would strongly encourage others to go for it. It
helps you become more knowledgeable in all areas of grants management which
makes you a better resource for your department and your institution
(regardless of whether your officials think it does or not).

My new job didn't require the CRA but I'm sure that my having the
credential was a plus when it came to selecting me for the position.

Joyce M. Davies, CPA, CRA
Senior Manager, Financial Services
Ohio University's Voinovich Center for Leadership and Public Affairs
The Ridges, Building 22, Rm 108
Athens, OH 45701

(P)740-597-2578
(F)740-593-4398
xxxxxx@ohio.edu

--On Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:21 AM -0500 "Palmer, Joanne"