Re: CRA Certification Julie Edgerton 28 Mar 2007 10:26 EST

Unfortunately, Stanford doesn't seem to recognize this certification (in two
departments I've seen), either when looking for a position, or in evaluating
your performance...that has been my observation. Or, they will note "CRA
preferred" but as soon as you begin working there, it's easy to see they do
not really know what a grants administrator/manager really does.

Julie

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Creese
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:49 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] CRA Certification

Hi-
CRA certification is definitely a bonus worth pursuing.  Our institution
recognizes it and prefers it when hiring.  I  believe in the future it may
become a requirement for this profession.  The only con is the expense.  The
pros are that it makes you more marketable.  Also, you are required to
maintain a certain amount of continuing education credits which I find to be
an asset as well.
Donna

>>> "Dewey, Robin" <xxxxxx@URMC.ROCHESTER.EDU> 3/28/2007 9:20 am >>>
What are the pros/cons of CRA Certification? Does your institution
recognize the certification? If not, why?

Thanks!

Robin
**************************************
Robin Dewey