Re: Militarily Critical Technical Data Agreements Sharp, William C 13 Mar 2007 16:43 EST

Joanne,

The COGR publication on "Export Controls and Universities: Information
and Case Studies" states:

"Form 2345 is the Department of Defense (DoD)method of controlling
dissemination of information that is in DoD's possession. It becomes an
agreement to secure DoD approval prior to dissemination of the
information and restricts access based on citizenship status. Projects
using such information may then not qualify for the fundamental research
exemption." (p. 44)

We had to turn away an award last year that included reference to the DD
Form 2345 in the BAA and included DFARS 252.204.7000 and AMFCFARS
5352.227.9000 in the proposed contract. We were unsuccessful in
negotiating them out.

William Sharp, Ph.D.
Director of Research Integrity
Office of the Vice Provost for Research