Re: Time & Effort reporting (Vacation: 3/9-3/13) Carolyn Cook 09 Mar 2007 08:20 EST

Hello -

I'm out of the office Friday, March 9th through Tuesday March 13th, returning to the office on Wednesday, March 14th.  I will not have access to email during that time.

If you need immediate assistance, please contact your department's GCA, Deb Golden-Eppelein at (503) 494-4853 or Jennifer Sickels at (503) 494-8923.

Carolyn

>>> "xxxxxx@hrinet.org" 03/09/07 05:09 >>>

We were audited by DHHS last year.  We had faculty who worked on other
projects and were 100% funded federally.  Their total effort worked ended up
to be approximately 140% but the feds didn't count anything outside of the
actual University time.  The additional pay actually came from an Industry
grant so the feds maintained that the PI was working 100% on the sponsored
project the Industry money was on his own time.  They said it wasn't an
issue as long as the PI wasn't on campus.  Is this the same scenario?  Or am
I off base?

Bonnie Kwit

Grants & Contracts Officer

Oakland University