Re: do errors self-correct? Bonnie Kwit 01 Mar 2007 16:08 EST

My EIN was a warning not an error once, and the other time it was an error.
I found that in both cases I needed to eliminate the A1 at the end.  Also,
you shouldn't use the "-" 38-XXXXXXX.  That was something else that hadn't
been affected before but now seems to be causing warnings.
Bonnie

Bonnie Kwit
Grants & Contracts Officer
Oakland University
544 O'Dowd Hall
(248) 370-4116
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Robert Beattie
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 3:52 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] do errors self-correct?

I do not think the system is  self-correcting.  If something is an
error the first time, if you make no change, it will be an error
every other time.

I may be wrong.  Does anyone have an example of a error not being
fixed but resubmitted and then not being an error?

My experience is such that I recommend  errors be fixed.

Angela, what happened the 4th time you submitted?  That is how did
you get the EIN to be accepted

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Mar 1, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Angela Willis wrote:

I will put my two cents in for complaints.  The problem that we
experienced is our EIN #.  Even though it was 9 digits, Commons saw
it as not being long enough.

We submitted it three times and still the same thing error came up,
among other things.