Re: An open complaint about HHS electronic application processes Smith, Debbie L 23 Feb 2007 14:37 EST

I agree.  People are complaining about the agencies, when we have
Congress to thank for this mess--although they meant well, I expect.

Another thing to consider is that each agency has its own set of
guidance regulations applicable to it . . . Some agencies (like NIH) are
doing a better job than others in their attempts to comply with the law
and their specific regulatory guidance documents and still serve their
grantees to the best of their ability.

But they have a short time-line for the transition, so we're having to
deal with some less-than-satisfactory procedures during this period.  I
am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic that things will get better next year when the
agencies have time to "tweak" their systems.

Debbie

Deborah (Debbie) L. Smith, Ed.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research
Research Administration