Re: Grant Writing Compensation Question Charlie Hathaway 19 Jan 2007 17:52 EST

You can pay a grantwriter anything you and they agree to.  I think the
conclusion of past discussions was that payment as a % of award is not
consider ethical or conventional in academic settings.  Most grantwriters
ask for a set fee (based on hours or pages) and expect to be paid
regardless of application outcome.

Of course, none of these payments may be taken from the grant award
(unless the funding source agrees to it).

CH