grants.gov submission to Dept. of Ed. Wil Emmert 18 Jan 2007 13:31 EST

Problem is with the application instructions.  If you download the Grant Application Package and the Instructions, you get a 24 page set.  If you go to the ED website for the program, you can download a 74 page set of instructions.  I think most of your questions will be answered in the longer document.  For example, the following comes from page 45:

"3.Application Narrative - Organize your narrative in accordance with the selection criteria in Section C for Research Projects and Section D for Development Projects of this package. Address all criteria. Include a table of contents in your application in order to highlight where the application narrative can be found in the application. If applying through Grants.gov use the Project Narrative form to attach your narrative. We recommend that you limit the application narrative to the equivalent of no more than 50 pages, using the following standards: A “page” is 8.5" x 11", on one side only, with 1" margins at the top, bottom, and both sides. Double-space (no more than three lines per vertical inch) all text in the application narrative. Single space may be used for Titles, headings, footnotes, quotations, references, and captions, as well as all text in charts, tables, figures, and graphs. Use a font that is either 12-point or larger or no smaller than 10-pitch (characters per inch)."

> I am about to submit an application for and investigator to the Dept. of
> Education, NIDRR Research Field Initiated Program though the grants.gov
> system.  I have downloaded that package and read the instructions, but the
> instructions for submitting are very unclear when it comes to electronic
> submission.  I contacted the program officer for more information, but I could
> not get clear answers from her.  Does anyone know the answers to these
> questions?

Wil Emmert, CRA
Research Administration
Western Michigan University