Re: declined proposals Maggie Bryan-Peterson 11 Jan 2007 16:10 EST

Our office keeps the proposals until we are ready for the 6-year purge.
PIs always have their own full copy. Some applications, however, go into
our "Undead" file as institutional proposals we re-vamp and re-submit.

Maggie Bryan-Peterson, CRA
Director
Research and Sponsored Programs
E230 Thompson Hall
SUNY Fredonia
Fredonia, NY  14063
716-673-3528
FAX: 716-673-3802

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Sharon Lauray
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:10 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] declined proposals

Our pre-award office keeps the declined proposals for 3 years.  The PI
keeps their own copy which they have before it is submitted to our
office.

>>> Pamela Miller <xxxxxx@USFCA.EDU> 01/11/07 1:52 PM >>>
Of course 99.9% of our proposals are funded, but we do have a few that
get turned down. I am interested in finding out how others in pre-award
offices handle declined proposals.  Do you keep them in your files for a
certain period of time-if so how long? Do you return them to the PI, or
just shred them?

Pamela F. Miller, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
The University of San Francisco