Re: Top 10 Improvements for Grants.gov Bill Humphrey 22 Dec 2006 08:57 EST

Bob,
I wholeheartedly agree with your work and I'm glad to add my support to
your work.
Please feel free to call on me anytime.
In the meantime as we plod through Feb. 5 I will keep this note in the
back of my mind.

Thank you for your work,

Bill

William Humphrey
Director of Research
Associate Dean For Research Office
College of Human Medicine
Michigan State University
517-353-7217  Office
517-432-8021  Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Beattie
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:30 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Top 10 Improvements for Grants.gov

At the 2007 NCURA national meeting, I helped a group of folks come up
with a list of improvements for the New Grants.gov.  I finally prepared
the report of that meeting.  Take a look here

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~abeattie/selfhelpgroupreport.htm

I have been making list of people who attended that meeting. Many
have sent me their email address so I can communicate back to them.
If any of you were at that meeting and have not done so, please send me
your name and address.  It must have been the first meeting where I did
not circulate the usual sign-in sheet. If you support these suggestions
please send me your name also.  I would like to create a "petition" with
as many names as are supportive.

I would be happy to discuss any of the topics on the list.  The irony is
that neither the current Grants.gov staff nor any of us users had
anything to do with creating the original system. There is no one to
"blame." Thus it is a perfect time for both groups to work together to
improve the new system.

I would like to get a first batch of comments and suggestions in time
for the January FDP meeting -- Jan 8.

Thanks for all the great help from many on this list to make Grants.gov
do-able in 2006.  Let's now work towards a significant improvement for
2007.

Happy holidays to everyone, and a safe and productive new year.

Bob
Robert Beattie
Managing  Project Representative
 for Electronic Research Administration Division of Research
Development and Administration University of Michigan
3003 S. State Street   Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1274
office: 734 936-1283    mobile: 734 717-6281
xxxxxx@umich.edu