Re: Non-institutional PIs Susan Sutherland, Ph.D. 18 Dec 2006 15:40 EST

Jenny-

Did you receive any responses to your question?  I'd be interested in seeing them.

Thanks,
Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org]On Behalf
Of Jenny Bradley
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:13 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Non-institutional PIs

I think there was some recent discussion on non-institutional PIs, but
I can't seem to find it in the archives.  My situation has to do with a
physician who is not employed by our health system but has hospital
privileges.  He wants to serve as an institutional PI, but we do not
allow that since he is not an employee.  He can be the PI for his own
practice and then subcontract for the services he needs from the health
system.  Is there a federal regulation regarding this situation or has
anyone else had experience?

Thanks!

Jenny Hughes Bradley
Research Development Officer
Carilion Health System
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke, VA  24033

Office: (540) 853-0597
Cell: (540) 520-7605
Fax: (540) 857-6189

This message and its attachments may contain confidential and/or
legally-sensitive information that is intended for the sole use of
the addressee(s).  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution of the information contained in this message and its
attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this message or
any of its attachments in error, please destroy all originals and
copies of the same and notify the sender immediately.