Re: G.g Congressional District, continued Susan Greene 08 Dec 2006 07:45 EST

Elsa was looking at version 1 instructions.

Robert Beattie wrote:
> I see nothing on Page I-38 of  Version 2A of the NIH Guide related to
> Congressional District.  This page deals with Type of Application and
> Type of Applicant.
>

> (This is the version "To be used with application packages indicating
> Version 2 and Version 2.a) November 13, 2006"
>
> found here
> http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/424/sf424_rr_guide_general_ver2.doc
>

> ----------------------------
>
> The discussion of Congressional District is on pages I-40 and I-41.   I
> will quote those pages again
> ----------------------------
> "14. Congressional District Applicant and Congressional District Project
> Congressional District – Applicant: Enter the Congressional District  in
> the format: 2 character State Abbreviation – 3 character District
> Number. Examples: CA-005 for California’s 5th district, CA-012 for
> California’s 12th district.
> If outside the U.S., enter 00-0000.
> To locate your congressional district, visit the Grants.gov web site.
>
> Congressional District – Project: Enter the Congressional District in
> the format: 2 character State Abbreviation – 3 character District
> Number. Examples: CA-005 for California’s 5th district, CA-012 for
> California’s 12th district.
> If all districts in a state are affected, enter “all” for the  district
> number. Example: MD-all for all congressional districts in  Maryland.
> If nationwide (all districts in all states), enter US-all.
> If the program/project is outside the U.S., enter 00-0000.
> To locate your congressional district, visit the Grants.gov web site.
> Attach an additional list of Project Congressional Districts on page  2
> (Item 21), if needed."
> -----------------------------
>
> I first thought that the "Project" data item referred to where the  work
> will be conducted.  However, note the wording in the newest  edition of
> the Guide, in particular the text associated with the line  starting the
> second example:
>
> "If all districts in a state are affected, enter “all” for the  district
> number. Example: MD-all for all congressional districts in  Maryland."
>
> I see the word "affected" there.  This leads me to infer that what is
> asked for is not where the project is conducted, but what districts  are
> "affected."  The "work " could not possibly be done in "all  districts
> in all states," yet that is an option - US-all.
>
> ----------
>
> It is true that the text of the ORIGINAL Guide, June 2006, does have
> this text on page I-38
>
> 14. Congressional District Applicant and Congressional District Project
> Enter your Congressional District in the Congressional District
> Applicant field. Enter the Congressional District of the primary site
> where the project will be performed in the Congressional District
> Project field.
> If the applicant organization is a foreign institution, enter all
> [...]

Susan A. Greene, CRA, Grants & Contracts Administrator,
Medical University of South Carolina, Research & Sponsored Programs,
19 Hagood Ave., Suite 606 (express), Mailbox 250808 (U.S. Postal),
Charleston, SC  29425-0808 (express, use, 29425), PH:  843-792-2040, FX:
 843-792-6447