Re: Sharing of Successful Proposals Carol Forbes 14 Nov 2006 15:05 EST

Proposals funded by the government are considered public information.
You do not have to share the budget information or anything that might
be considered intellectual property.

Carol

Deborah Hofer wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Our university recently received a grant from the Corporation for
> National & Community Service Learn & Serve America program (highly
> competitive). Another institution (not affiliated in any way with
> ours) requested a copy of our successful proposal because they hope to
> submit under the same program.
>
> While I am dedicated to the premise of collegial support and sharing,
> this makes uncomfortable.
>
> Do your institutions have a policy on this type of exchange? Would the
> document be subject to FOIA anyway? Guidance would be much appreciated.
>
> Deborah
>

> *Deborah d'Este Hofer MM*
> Grants Administrator
> Southern Oregon University
> 541.552.8662
> fax 541.552.6115
> xxxxxx@sou.edu
>
>  "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
> heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I've found it!), but
> 'That's funny...'"   --Isaac Asimov

Carol M. Forbes, M.A.
Director of Sponsored Programs
Augsburg College