Re: F&A rate application Margarita M. Cardona 05 Nov 2006 18:09 EST

Anita,
It really depends on the language on your rate agreement. In ours, if more
than 50% of the project is off-campus, then we use the off-campus rate for
the entire project. How can you determine that? We usually go with were is
most of the $ spent. Some rate agreements allow for more than one rate to
be used. Ours does not. You should really check the language on yours
where it defines what it means to be 'off-campus'.
Hope this helps,
Magui

> This questions is for those who have an F&A rate for on-campus research
> and another F&A rate established for a remote leased facility (separate
> cost center).  Here is the scenario:  Two researchers decide to submit a
> proposal.  One researcher is from the main campus and the other is from
> the leased remote facility.  What determines which F&A rate would apply?
> Should it be the main campus rate or the leased remote facility rate.  Is
> it allowable to have a project with 2 separate F&A rates? or shall the
> determination be set by where the majority of expenses are incurred?  Does
> A-21 set parameters for this type of situation?  If so, where?  Any
> direction would be appreciated.
>
> Anita Quinn

Margarita M. Cardona, CRA
Senior Grants & Contracts Manager