Re: PI review of circulars David G Dockwiller 27 Oct 2006 09:52 EST

Linda,

I agree with you.  Realistically, I doubt very seriously that a PI is
going to review A-21 to ensure expenditures are allowable.  I believe as
long as the University is consistent with their respective policies and
the sponsor is aware of such purchases then there should not be an
issue.

I assume that controls are already in place to address allowability
issues or else the lack of controls would have been cited.  I could only
suggest that a training program (which would be mandatory) be required
for PIs conducting research.  I am an advocate of such training as long
as it is mandatory...anything less and PIs would not show up or take the
training.  In addition, training could be offered online and taken at
any time.

What controls are they referring to in A-133?

Best Regards,

David Dockwiller
Manager, Contracts and Grants
The University of Texas at Austin