Re: Input/Evaluation Reuqested on Workshop Provider Kathryn A Watkins-Wendell 20 Oct 2006 08:13 EST

This group tried the same strong arm tactic at our campus and called me to
demand that we (OSPR) co-sponsor the event ("you're doing your faculty a
disservice by not providing them the opportunity to take this course").  Of
course we didn't bite, but their called allowed me to bring the group to
the attention of our facilities rental folks.  We are fundamentally opposed
to bringing any group to campus that provides programming that competes
with our own; our Continuing Education unit offers the same services at a
much lower rate.    This group's sales reps use very sneaky techniques and
are just not nice in their business practices.

Kathryn Watkins, M.Ed., CRA, Director
Sponsored Programs and Research
Cleveland State University
216-687-3630 / 216-687-9382 (fax)

 Betty Farbman
 <xxxxxx@STJOHNS
 .EDU>                                                      To
 Sent by: Research         xxxxxx@hrinet.org
 Administration                                             cc
 List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.                                     Subject
 org>                      Re: [RESADM-L] Input/Evaluation
 Reuqested on Workshop Provider

 10/20/2006 09:05
 AM

 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.
 org>

Dear All:
This is actually a different group than the original group which is called
something like the grants institute. www.thegrantinstitute.com.  It sounds
like the same “MO”.   If you try to call or email them, they never respond.

What I can’t figure out is 1) how they get access to the campus email (OK –
I guess every hacker knows how to do that) and 2) Why our campus facilities
people ignore us when we ask them to NOT rent to them without at least
contacting us first.

It is infuriating.  Maybe I’m envious because I didn’t think of this first?

Betty