Re: OBM circulars A-76 versus A-133 Michael DeShazo 10 Oct 2006 09:36 EST

I tend to agree with Patricia on this one.

A-76 is "Performance of Commercial Activities" with its purpose noted as
"This circular establishes federal policy for the competition of
commercial activities."  Its primary function appears to be letting the
private sector be subject to the forces of competition and not receive
undue/overdue influence of the government in commercial activity.

I would suggest the following references for For-profit companies:
Cost Principles: 48 CFR, Chapter 1, Part 31
Administrative Requirements: 29 CFR, Part 95
Audit Requirements: 29 CFR, Part 96

Regards,
Michael DeShazo, CRA
Budget/Fiscal Analyst Lead