Re: Charging travel to grants Julie Edgerton 09 Oct 2006 13:45 EST

Email: xxxxxx@stanford.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Elsa Nadler
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 8:10 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Charging travel to grants

Greetings,
His presentation at this conference should be on the research that the
grant that pays for the trip is funding--and the grant budget should
include travel funds. Another issue might be that expenditures for this
presentation not affect work and expenditures necessary for the grant
project. That is what I tell my faculty.
 hope this helps, and good luck Monday,
 Elsa

Elsa G. Nadler, EdD
Grants Manager
Department of Community Medicine
1 Medical Center Drive
PO Box 9190
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26506-9190

Tel: 304/293-3546
Fax: 304/293-6685

>>> "Curnow, Camilla M *HS" <xxxxxx@HSCMAIL.MCC.VIRGINIA.EDU> 10/6/2006
10:56 AM >>>
Good morning-

Our department chair was an invited speaker at a conference in his
specialty. The conference couldn't pay him, and he wants his
reimbursement to come from one of his research grants

What criteria do you all use for determining if a particular trip is
allocable to a particular grant?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. And genuflections to the
CRA
god would be appreciated as well, as I take the exam on Monday...:)

Camilla Curnow, M.S.
Director of Research Administration
Department of Medicine
University of Virginia School of Medicine
(434) 243-7186
(434) 243-0399 (fax)