Bad grants.gov news Carver, MJ 29 Sep 2006 15:53 EST

We've got a NOAA proposal due on Monday through grants.gov with a 5 year
budget.  Loe and behold the SF424A only goes up to 4 years!  What's an
SPO to do?  Anyone else had this issue?  If so, how did you handle it?
Thanks for any and ALL advice.  MJ

M. J. Carver West
Office of Research Services
and Sponsored Programs
UNCW
xxxxxx@uncw.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 12:00 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 27 Sep 2006 to 28 Sep 2006 (#2006-206)

Topics of the day:

 1. Position Available - Research Administrator
 2. Good Grants.gov news
 3. A-21, Part J.48c
 4. New PI for R21 Grant (6)
 5. Position Announcement - Vice Chair for Administration - Children's
 National Medical Center - Washington, D.C.
 6. Release time as research expenditures? (5)

Date:    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:00:39 -0500
From:    Rosemary Ruff <xxxxxx@UARK.EDU>
Subject: Position Available - Research Administrator

If you like gorgeous scenery, lots of indoor and outdoor recreational
opportunities, and a moderate climate, the Northwest Arkansas may be
just
the place for you.&nbsp; The University of Arkansas Fayetteville, a
nationally competitive, student-centered, research intensive university,
is located in Northwest Arkansas in the beautiful Ozark Mountains.&nbsp;
Forbes magazine ranked the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers area at No. 9
in its most recent list of the best places in the nation for business
and
careers. The region offers competitive salaries and benefits and a low
cost of living.<br><br>
The University has an opening for a Research Administrator.&nbsp; Duties
are primarily pre-award in nature.&nbsp; Requirements are a Bachelor's
degree, or equivalent, and at least 5 years of experience in research
administration, preferably at an institution of higher education.&nbsp;
Certified Research Administrator is preferred.&nbsp; Excellent written
and oral communication skills are a must.&nbsp; If you meet these
qualifications, please see the full position announcement at:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<a
href="http://hr.uark.edu/Employment/ListingsJob.asp?ListingID=4216">http
://hr.uark.edu/Employment/ListingsJob.asp?ListingID=4216</a><br>
&nbsp;<br>
<i>The University of Arkansas is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer.&nbsp; All applicants are subject to public disclosure under
the
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act and persons hired must have proof of
legal authority to work in the United States. <br><br>
</i>Interested persons should send their resume, and the names of three
references to:<br><br>
Rosemary H. Ruff, Director<br>
Research Support &amp; Sponsored Programs<br>
University of Arkansas Fayetteville<br>
120 Ozark Hall<br>
Fayetteville, AR 72701<br><br>
Closing Date is October 27, 2006, or until position is filled.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Rosemary H. Ruff, Director<br>
Research Support &amp; Sponsored Programs<br>
120 Ozark Hall<br>
University of Arkansas<br>
Fayetteville, AR&nbsp; 72701<br>
Phone (479) 575-3845<br>
FAX (479) 575-3846</body>

Date:    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:10:43 -0400
From:    "Schoen, Alexander" <xxxxxx@WINTHROP.ORG>
Subject: Re: Good Grants.gov news

Will Sir Ernest Shakelton be there with you as well?
Perhaps he can raise some funds for a more efficient icebreaker ship.

A.