Re: K99/R00 Grants Charlie Hathaway 12 Sep 2006 16:12 EST

I'm curious why you are asking this?  I thought NIH wanted to help people
finish being post-docs and then move into independent faculty positions.
The instructor position is a notoriously vague title...and often (depends
on institution)...occupied by people who are not going to do the usual
post-doc to faculty transition that most of the research stars do.  So...I
think reviewers might be confused as well...and confused reviewers are not
a good thing.

Are you doing this becuase the person has already been a postdoc for 5+
years???   If so...maybe they will not be competitive.

But I am also curious about the K99 awards:  have there been any yet?  We
need to see who is getting these.

Charlie