Re: Sponsored Programs Representation on the IRB Timothy Sparklin 06 Sep 2006 15:27 EST

I think the potential conflict of interest of an "institutional" member
of either committee is applicable in either human or animal research.
Attendance of a institutional rep as a "guest" during the committee
discussions may show the committee there is a genuine interest by the
administration in how the committees function, but should recuse
themselves when voting for approval of protocols.

Tim

Reynolds, Craig A. wrote:

>Does anyone know if similar concerns have been expressed by USDA or PHS regarding animal care and use committees?
>
>Craig

Timothy Sparklin, MSW
Human and Animal Research Protections Office
5523 Research Park Drive, Suite 310
Baltimore, Maryland 21228

410-455-2737
410-455-3868 (fax)