Re: Site Visits Vincelli, Diana 06 Sep 2006 12:54 EST

Landy,
I cannot comment specifically on a visit from Rehab Services, but for any kind of site visit, including federal agencies, we always try to give the visitors some time with students who are involved in the area of interest.  One visitor was impressed that we left him alone to talk with a group of students (with no faculty or staff present).  Our students are great assets and they never let us down in situations like this.
Good luck!
Diana

Diana Thompson Vincelli
Director of Grant Support
Office of Foundation, Corporate & Government Relations
G-14 Maryland Hall
University of Richmond, VA  23173
804.289.8005; fax 804.289-8943
xxxxxx@richmond.edu
http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/grants

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On Behalf Of Johnson, Landy (Director of Grant Development)
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:32 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Site Visits

Does anyone have any recommendation on preparing for a federal site visit?  We are to be visited by representatives from the Rehabilitation Services Administration (U.S. Dept. of Ed.) next month.  We have had grants from them for 30 years, and were last visited 10 years ago (before I arrived here).

I have completed a questionnaire for the visit and have set up meetings with the PIs and some of our Finance people.  Does anyone know how much documentation I need to have ready?  Are we likely to be asked to verify our cost-share in detail at this one-day visit?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide!

Landy C. Johnson, MPA, Ph.D.
Director of Grant Development
Assumption College, Alumni Hall 024
500 Salisbury St.