Re: Residual funds and discretionary accounts Maggie Griscavage 30 Aug 2006 12:41 EST
Ruth,
I dislike seeing more than a 15% residual. I did have an actual case
wherein I had almost 45% remaining on a fixed price award. In good
faith, I contacted the sponsor (a fed agency) and offered to return the
huge amount (about $45k). They were totally unreceptive! The comment I
got back was tantamount to "What part of keep it don't you understand?"
Anyway, the residual at my university gets transferred to the PI's
department for the discretionary use of the dean.

Maggie

Maggie Griscavage, Director
Office of Grants & Contracts Administration