Re: FW: PureEdge/grants.gov electronic submission errors King, Pamela 29 Aug 2006 11:27 EST

I experienced this same error several days ago on a shared drive.  I
thought my problem may have been due to having one version of the file
minimized, while I was trying to open another version to refer back to
some previous budget entries.  I could not open the second version due
to receiving this error.   I finally closed the minimized version,
exited the shared drive, and then re-accessed the shared drive.   That
time when I went to open the earlier version, I had no trouble.  This
was not with the parent R21; it was on an R21/33 application.

Pam

Pamela King
Director of Sponsored Research for the College
 of Arts and Sciences
704.687.2248
704.687.3228 (fax)
xxxxxx@uncc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:16 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] FW: PureEdge/grants.gov electronic submission
errors

We have had one crash and loss of file using the parent R21...it
followed an attachment of a file from a cd or flash drive.

To date, the ONLY real dissatisfaction we have had with PureEdge
concerns these multiple access and file transfer issues.  So I am
dismayed by your message.

Can anyone else comments on whether this kind of problem is general for
files shared on a network?

CH

At 11:57 AM 8/29/2006, you wrote:
>> Has anyone encountered problems with the NIH R21 application package?
Several
>> times now with different applications I have had fatal errors with
the
>> PureEdge package.
>>
>> I have had the application package saved on a shared network drive so
that the
>> Principal Investigator on the project can also have access to the
file and we
>> would not have to email the package (which is clearly a large file).
>>
>> The error occurs once I have been in the package, entered data, saved
and
>> exited.  That piece all seems fine.  Then the next time anyone tries
to access
>> the package the person will get a fatal error stating that the
PureEdge viewer