Re: FW: NIH grant and Green card application Kristen Wolff 26 Jul 2006 15:45 EST

 Kris

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Iris Mondri-Kish
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:42 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] FW: NIH grant and Green card application

Hello,

I've received the following request. I couldn't find an answer in the
NIH Grants Policy statement or the OER website.
Can anyone help me with a quicker more accurate answer than the one I
can come up with on my own?

Thanks!!
Iris

Iris Mondri-Kish
Senior Grants & Contracts Analyst
Benaroya Research Institute
1201 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
P: (206) 341-1581
F: (206) 223-7543
www.benaroyaresearch.org

Hi, Iris,

I am currently holding H1 visa. I could only apply for a few grants.
however, we want to apply for more grants. I may submit the application
for green card in 1-2 months. Dr. Sage and I are wondering whether I
could apply for any NIH grants after I submit my application of
permanent residence. Is there any requirement for the activation of the
grant about my status?

Thanks,