Re: FW: NIH grant and Green card application Jon Hart 26 Jul 2006 15:31 EST

Your investigator can apply for grants while his green card is pending, but
it must be issued before he can activate the grant requiring permanent
residency.  This can take some time  - years, sometimes in NYC.
JKH

Jon Hart, M.P.A., C.I.P.
Senior Director
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
email:  xxxxxx@mail.rockefeller.edu
Tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Iris Mondri-Kish
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:42 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] FW: NIH grant and Green card application

Hello,

I've received the following request. I couldn't find an answer in the NIH
Grants Policy statement or the OER website.
Can anyone help me with a quicker more accurate answer than the one I can
come up with on my own?

Thanks!!
Iris

Iris Mondri-Kish
Senior Grants & Contracts Analyst
Benaroya Research Institute
1201 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
P: (206) 341-1581
F: (206) 223-7543
www.benaroyaresearch.org

Hi, Iris,

I am currently holding H1 visa. I could only apply for a few grants.
however, we want to apply for more grants. I may submit the application for
green card in 1-2 months. Dr. Sage and I are wondering whether I could apply
for any NIH grants after I submit my application of permanent residence. Is
there any requirement for the activation of the grant about my status?

Thanks,