Re: IGERT Randall Draper 26 Jul 2006 08:29 EST

I'll try to save my colleague up the road some time.  My original question
was -- How does your University demonstrate institutional commitment as
required in the IGERT guidelines?  And, given that the guidelines say that
"no cost sharing is required", do you consider the institutional commitment
voluntary committed cost share?

A more specific, but related question is: Does your institution ever
substitute (replace with) or supplement (add to) the IGERT stipend,
currently $30,000, with paid Graduate Research Assistant appointments?  This
last question may not pertain to more recent IGERT programs because these
require the IGERT Fellows to be full-time trainees.

The NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship Program is a
great fellowship program, the guidelines are a little ambiguous and may lend
themselves to some interpretation!

Randy Draper

Randall Draper, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Contracts and Grants
University of Colorado at Boulder
3100 Marine Street, UCB 572
Boulder, CO 80309-0572
xxxxxx@colorado.edu