Re: Time limit on publications Bonnie Kwit 10 Jul 2006 07:18 EST

I presume you are saying the Army wants prior approval of publications?  We
usually request a response within 30-60 days but in a recent negotiation
with the Army they gave themselves 2 weeks to respond to the approval of
publications.  I think the lesser the better.

Bonnie

Bonnie Kwit
Grants & Contracts Officer
Oakland University
544 O'Dowd Hall
(248) 370-4116
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Robyn B. Remotigue
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 5:30 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Time limit on publications

I am in the process of negotiating a contract with a private company, and
the money is flowdown from the Army.  They are requesting prior approval of
publications and the contract states that they will provide a response with
5 business days.

In general the clause is open-ended and provides no expiration date.  At
some point, there should be no limitations on the publications from the work
done on this project.  The company has asked that I provide them with time
frame.

Any one ever encounter this before * any ideas on what is  reasonable?
Thanks in advance.

Robyn B. Remotigue, CRA
Administrator
Office of Sponsored Programs