Re: One PI with PI status on collaborative proposal Bonnie Kwit 30 Jun 2006 11:04 EST

At least the faculty member had an appointment at both institutions.  I
could see that working.

Bonnie Kwit
Grants & Contracts Officer
Oakland University
544 O'Dowd Hall
(248) 370-4116

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Wilson, Thomas
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 11:30 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] One PI with PI status on collaborative proposal

I agree it sounds crazy, but I have had this some type of situation at a
former institution.

We executed a subaward with the collaborating institution and the
faculty member had an appointment at both institutions and got paid for
his time contributed at both institutions.  He was supervising the work
being done by his lab at each institution and had effort at each
institution.  We needed to do a sub anyhow since there were other
salaries and expenses incurred at the collaborating institution.

Crazy, but it worked well!

Tom

Thomas E. Wilson
Director, Sponsored Projects