Re: One PI with PI status on collaborative proposal Marie Smith 30 Jun 2006 06:50 EST

Hi Donna,

The answer is NO, we would not allow this here for a couple of reasons.

1) Conflict of interest
2) Loss of facility and administrative costs.

If a researcher was part time here, they would have to make the decision as to which institution they wanted to be PI at and the other institution would need have someone else be PI.

In our case, we would strongly encourage the PI to have one award to our institution and have their work at the collaborating institution carry the offsite rate.

Good Luck!

Marie

Marie F. Smith, CRA
Manager of Grants Administration