Re: Intro to revised R21 Judith Lubina 28 Jun 2006 11:45 EST

The following is from the Parent Application, PA-06-181.  Unfortunately,
it contradicts the SF 424 R&R Application Guide.  I have a new
investigator whose program officer told her three pages was allowed, so
I appreciate the advance warning!

PA-06-181

Application Characteristics

All application instructions outlined in the SF424 (R&R) application are
to be followed, with the following requirements for R21 applications:

R21 applications will use the modular budget format and "Just-in-Time"
concepts, with direct costs requested in $25,000 modules, up to the
total direct costs limitation of $275,000 over an R21 two-year period.
No more than $200,000 in direct costs will be allowed in any single
year.

Items 2-5 of the Research Plan of the R21 application may not exceed 15
pages, including tables, graphs, figures, diagrams, and charts.

Introduction (required for a resubmission application) is limited to one
page.

Preliminary data are not required but may be included if available.

Judith Lubina
direct tel:  510.285.5568
main tel:  510.285.5500
fax:  510.285.5501