Re: Fwd: [RESADM-L] Sad News Jennifer Shambrook 27 Jun 2006 08:47 EST

Charlie-
Chuck was a member of the Southern Section and we plan to institute a life-time achievement award in his honor.  This will be for folks, like Chuck, and you and others, who have devoted decades to helping others learn the craft.  If anyone should have a service award named after him, this is the man.
-Jennifer

>>> xxxxxx@YAHOO.COM 06/27/06 08:54AM >>>
Some of us have been in the field of Research Administration for a very long time but when Chuck responded on this list serv everyone listened.  I always appreciated his ability to take the time to respond to an inquiry or a problem that someone presented and then to explain it in a manner that was easily understood.  Chuck was the epitome of our industry.  He was knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge to the rest of us freely and without hesitation.  I hope that one of our professional societies (NCURA / SRA) will memorialize Chuck in some manner in order to honor his memory for years to come

Charlie Tardivo

Principal
RACS LLC,
Research Administration Consulting Services
tel# 216-403-8176
fax# 216-221-8066

Susan E Robb/FS/VCU <xxxxxx@VCU.EDU> wrote:
 Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:22:43 -0400
From: Susan E Robb/FS/VCU <xxxxxx@VCU.EDU>
Subject: [RESADM-L] Sad News
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org

Good morning -

I'm very sorry to inform you of the passing of Herbert "Chuck" Chermside.  Chuck was a mentor to many of us over the years and had a wonderful way of conveying his message so that all understood.  I know many of us saved the explanations he provided via this listserve for future reference.

He will be missed.
 Please see the link below for further information.

http://www.legacy.com/TimesDispatch/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=18221439

Sue

Susan E. Robb, CRA, Director
Office of Sponsored Programs
Virginia Commonwealth University
800 East Leigh Street, Suite 113
PO Box 980568
Richmond, VA  23298-0568
(804) 828-6772 - Phone
(804) 828-2521 - Fax

 ====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists") ======================================================================