Re: Grants.gov submission for NIH proposal Charlie Hathaway 23 Jun 2006 15:11 EST

I agree with Mary that you should fix the problems if you have the chance.  We did it for a similar thing 3 weeks ago.

However, you may hear from NIH that rejection of applications should only be done if there are system errors that have caused the image of the proposal to be messed up.  Thus, your reason may not be officially approved as acceptable.  Their point, a valid one, is that the system will get totally clogged around deadline if people are rejecting and resubmitting for any reason they choose, including to add text that they hadn't written or forgot about.

Again, with Mary, I would never let a system or technicality negatively impact the review of a PI's science.

Charlie