Re: Program Reports by PI and Localized Business Managers Susan Meslang 22 Jun 2006 13:52 EST

We definitely want to keep a copy of all interim and final reports.
This is easier said than done!

"If we knew what it was we were doing, It would not be research would
it?"
Albert Einstein

Susan W. Meslang
Director of Grants and Sponsored  Programs
Tidewater Community College
500 East Main Street
Norfolk VA 23510
P.O. Box 9000
Norfolk VA 23509
Office 757 822-1773
Cell 757 409-2887
Fax 757 822-1007
xxxxxx@tcc.edu

>>> xxxxxx@GEORGIASOUTHERN.EDU 06/22/06 1:41 PM >>>
Two quick questions:

Generally, do you require/expect PIs to supply the research office
with
copies of interim and final reports to sponsors?  Do you keep these in
file?

Wondering how many instituitions have established business manager
positions in colleges/schools to maintain better budetary controls?

I guess that's really three questions....but it's almost Friday!

Thanks,

Julie

> via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv
Lists")

> available via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on
> "Listserv Lists")

Michael Kusiak
Contracts and Grants Analyst
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute
University of California
132 Barker Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-3190

Phone: 510.643.6383
Fax: 510.666.2486
Email: xxxxxx@berkeley.edu

Julie B. Cole, MA, CRA
Director, Office of Research Services
and Sponsored Programs
Georgia Southern University &
Executive Director, Georgia Southern
University Research and Service Foundation
PO Box 8005
Statesboro, Georgia 30460
912-681-5088
912-681-0719 FAX