Re: RESADM-L Digest - 13 Jun 2006 to 14 Jun 2006 (#2006-127) Johnson, Landy (Director of Grant Development) 15 Jun 2006 08:04 EST

I also check the excluded parties list, after being alerted by an auditor that this would be a good idea.  I checked everyone with an active grant, and now I check anyone new who contacts me to begin application for a grant.  My original plan was to check monthly, but I found I was just looking up the same people repeatedly, so once a year I check those who have been checked before, and on an ongoing basis I check new applicants.

Landy

__________________________
Landy C. Johnson, MPA, Ph.D.
Director of Grant Development
Assumption College, Alumni Hall 024
500 Salisbury St.
Worcester, MA  01609-1296
(508)767-7666
xxxxxx@assumption.edu
http://www.assumption.edu/research

Date:    Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:26:22 -0500
From:    Freddie Hunter <xxxxxx@TAMU.EDU>
Subject: Debarment

We are in the process of implementing a procedure of checking to see if
a faculty member has been or is debarred from submitting and receiving
funding under Federal nonprocurement programs. I am trying to find out
what procedure(s) other universities are using to monitor this type of
thing. All input will be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Freddie J. Hunter
Assistant Director
TEES Research Services
006 Wisenbaker Engineering Research Center
3406 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3406
Phone:(979)845-1264  Fax:(979)845-9643
http://trsweb.tamu.edu