Re: S2S report on grants.gov Strasma, James 08 Jun 2006 12:25 EST

Yes, the University of Illinois submitted an R01 to NIH for the June 1
deadline System to System via grants.gov's production server, using
InfoEd's Proposal Development module rather than PureEdge to do so. That
was our first "real" proposal submitted that way, although we'd
submitted test proposals previously.
-Jim S.

Jim Strasma, UI InfoEd Systems Manager, xxxxxx@uillinois.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:45 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] S2S report on grants.gov

Over the past 2 weeks we have seen many navigating the NIH June 1
deadline
for R21/R03 and heard about many errors, warnings, system failures,
system
slowdowns, etc.  I assume that most of the people contributing these
battle stories were using PureEdge to submit.

Question: did anyone using a S2S mode of proposal prep and transmission
(on-site or via service provider) encounter problems?  I am not so much
interested in knowing which S2S product/service you used as I am very
curious about the SPECIFIC warnings and errors that you may have
encountered or avoided.

Thanks.

Charlie Hathaway