more than I-95 and Yankee stadium Charlie Hathaway 08 Jun 2006 09:34 EST

Given that the audience here is national, I think it is important to point
out that the Bronx is incredibly diverse.  Not everyone talks in spaceless
sentences with mangled prepositions.  Some people speak beautifully in 2
or 3 languages.  Some people speak only to trees.  There are many gorgeous
areas in the Bronx that you would die to live in.  And there are some
places that you might just die in.

As for comedy...I live in Jersey and work in the Bronx and few in either
place seem to share MY sense of humor.  Maybe Idaho.

Charlie

> Serious comment about listing "Have sense of humor" as a core
competency.

> The original posting was from a well-known institution of higher loining
in da Bronx.

> Lemmetellya, as a long time resident of the only part of New York City
attached to the mainland of North America, Bronx humor does not port
well
> to other parts of the country.
>
> Convoisely, folks from udder parts a da country (ie, Joisy and upstate
New