Re: NIH Grants.gov question Crea, Catharine 25 May 2006 15:56 EST

The application should be submitted under the parent PA (06-181) through
Grants.gov; the cover letter should mention the lack of availability of
the Health Disparities application.

Catharine Crea
Associate Dean for Research Administration
New York Medical College
Valhalla, New York 10595
(914) 594-4480 phone
(914) 594-4694 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Mary Laura Farnham
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:52 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH Grants.gov question

We have a faculty member who is planning an NIH R21 submission under the
Health Disparities Among Minority and Underserved Women Program
(PA-04-153).  When we try to access the application package via
Grants.gov,
this is the message we receive:

 The application package for Funding Opportunity Number "PA-04-153" has
not
 been posted by the awarding agency for submission through Grants.gov.
See
 the Full Funding Opportunity for application instructions.

 The full funding opportunity references the PA for the Parent R21

 (PA-06-181).  The Parent application kit is available and requires

 submission via GG, but does not allow for identification of the
specific
 PA regarding Health Disparities.

 Our first question is how do we submit this (hard copy or GG), and if

 through GG, then how do we tie the submission to the PA-04-153?  NIH

 indicates we need to submit the R21s through GG, but the Health

 Disparities has not been updated to provide guidance and/or permit

 submission via GG.  There are several other discrepancies between the
two
 sets of guidelines, and we are not clear which to follow.

 AND, this is a June 1st deadline--HELP!  We have left messages for
several
 folks at NIH.  In the meantime, any assistance would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

 Mary Laura Farnham

Mary Laura Farnham, Director
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
University of Nebraska at Omaha
EAB 203
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, Nebraska  68182-0210