Re: Awarding funds Plotkin, Pamela T. 19 May 2006 10:25 EST

Tracy,

At the time a grant proposal is submitted at ETSU, we send a compliance
reminder memo to each PI whose proposed project will require compliance
approval prior to the start of the research as a reminder that we will
not set up a grant account until the relevant approvals are in place.

Once a grant award/contract is received, we do a compliance check to see
if the approval document has been submitted.  If we do not have an
approval document in our file, we request it.

If a PI has not received approval from the relevant committee (IRB,
IACUC, Biosafety) their grant account does not get set up until we have
a copy of the approval.

Hope this helps.

Pam

Pamela Plotkin, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Research and
Director of Sponsored Programs
East Tennessee State University
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Box 70565
Johnson City, TN 37614-1707
phone: 423-439-6000
fax: 423-439-6050