Re: NCIIA Experience Chris Cox 08 May 2006 12:09 EST

PS - The award is made to the University---not the student-owned company.

I have had good experiences with an NCIIA program which "supports teams of
faculty and students to advance the the teaching of invention and
innovation in American Higher Education."  In an experimental program
designed to create the educational opportunity that provides
entrepreneurial leaders for the world's changing economy, graduate students
in our College of Engineering have successfully started companies,
submitted proposals to NCIIA, and subsequently received awards from The
Lemelson Foundation which funds the successful proposals.  The University's
membership fee is paid by our College of Engineering.

E. Christine Cox
Director of Sponsored Programs and
 Facility Security Officer
The University of Tennessee