Re: video tapes and hs confidentiality Steinert, Bruce 27 Apr 2006 13:12 EST
Most professionals use a fast copy method which copies directly from one
tape to another without requiring (or in most cases allowing) viewing
the content. However, a confidentiality agreement is not a bad idea. The
original recording will likely not be in your control during the
duplication process and it could allow the contractor to spot check the
recorded copy for clarity before returning the final product.

Bruce

Bruce Steinert, PhD, CCRA
Administrative Director, Clinical Trials Center
ENH Research Institute
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Pamela Miller
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:37 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] video tapes and hs confidentiality

Final stages of an NIH R01: We are having a video copying service
transfer
some participant tapes from camcorder cassettes to VHS tapes.  The data
on
these tapes is confidential given that participants are on the tapes.
Do we
need to have the owner of the company (also is the man making the
copies)
sign a confidentiality agreement?  Are there any other steps we should
take?

Thanks,

Pam Miller
Director, Sponsored Projects