Re: spect your Parents Charlie Hathaway 26 Apr 2006 15:23 EST

Most, or the plurality, of R21 and R03 (and soon R01) applications will be of the generic/investigator-initiated/"Parent" type.

We have taken the Parent grant forms for the Parent R03 and R21 and filled in our institution info and provided this to faculty.  We will do the same for the Parent R01 in early 2007.

Another reason for considering the Parent PAs as templates is that a lot of NIH institutes have terminated their specific R21/R03 PAs and put them under the Parent.  Note the HUGE NIH Guide listing this spring.  Possible problem is thatf aculty who had identified an announcement or even applied to an announcement in 2005, may find it no longer exists.

Charlie