Re: NIH eRA rumors Elizabeth C. Lieberman 04 Apr 2006 07:06 EST

We learned about this change at the NIH Regional Seminar in Boston last
week.  It will be officially announced in this week's NIH Guide.

Liz
********************************
Research Administration Discussion List <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG> on Monday,
April 03, 2006 at 11:37 PM -0500 wrote:
>I've been told that NIH will issue new guidelines saying that the
>mandatory verification step at the eRA commons will no longer be
>necessary.  Instead, the PI will be responsible for checking that the
>application is OK within two days.  If changes need to be
>made the PI will hit "Reject" and will have the opportunity to
>change it.  If not eRA commons will send grant (automatically?) to review.
>
>Can anyone confirm?

Liz Lieberman
Director, Office of Sponsored Research
Assistant Dean of the College
Wellesley College
106 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02481-8203
Phone: (781) 283-3587;  Fax: (781) 283-3695
E-mail: xxxxxx@wellesley.edu