Re: Susan G. Komen Breast Concer Foundation OConnor, Jane A. 29 Mar 2006 14:09 EST

We have been unsuccessful at negotiating changes with them. There has been some discussion here on whether or not we should continue to submit proposals to the Foundation.   Jane

Jane O'Connor
Director, Pre-Award Research Administration
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
12902 Magnolia Drive, MRC-RESADM
Tampa, FL 33612
813-745-6159

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Hughes, Audree S.
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:39 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Susan G. Komen Breast Concer Foundation

In anticipation of an award, we are currently reviewing the policies and procedures of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  Have any of you had success in revising such policies and procedures when you accepted awards from them?  The documentation says that their language in non-negotiable!

Indemnification is one sided, we indemnify them (not mutual) and jurisdiction is Dallas, Texas, we request Commonwealth of Virginia or to remain silent.

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
thanks
Audree

Audree S. Hughes
Sponsored Programs Manager
Eastern Virginia Medical School
757.446.6026
xxxxxx@EVMS.edu

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists") ======================================================================

##  This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and
is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by anyone else
is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby notified that any
review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information, or
any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately.  Thank you.   #########################################