Re: Traveling first class for very tall individuals Witt, Carolyn 22 Mar 2006 09:29 EST

You could also consider paying the cost of the coach airfare to the
grant and the first class difference to institutional funds.

Carolyn W. Witt, MEd, MBA
Director of Grants and Contracts
Van Andel Institute
333 Bostwick Ave., NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone:  (616) 234-5542
Fax:       (616) 234-5543
E-mail:  xxxxxx@vai.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Jennifer Shambrook
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:11 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Traveling first class for very tall individuals

That is certainly very tall. The OMB circs make provisions for folks
that are in unusual circumstances, and I would count this as one. I'd
certainly document my reason for my decision AND going forward if you
put this person on a grant for travel, I'd put it in the budget
justification for further documentation.

>>> xxxxxx@ALASKASEALIFE.ORG 03/21/06 05:42PM >>>
6'7" is what I've been told.