Re: Questionnaire completion Herbert B. Chermside 09 Mar 2006 22:27 EST

Strongly suggest it is the P.I. -- making the determination is a
fiduciary duty, part of the PI's job.
Chuck

At 02:42 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:
>For those institutions which have a UBIT questionnaire to determine if
>the research revenue may be taxable who is responsible for completing
>the document?  The PI or the research coordinator/nurse/assistant?
>

>Kim Dunbrook-Babbie, CPA
>Corporate Compliance and Audit
>xxxxxx@mail.amc.edu
>518-262-5496

>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
>confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
>sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
>If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
>replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
>communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
>distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
>attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
>Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
>the Internet at www.amc.edu.

Herbert "Chuck" Chermside, CRA
Director Emeritus, VCU Sponsored Programs
Executive Director, Research Administrators Certification Council
1915 Robindale Rd.
Richmond, VA 23235-3931
804-320-5502
xxxxxx@verizon.net