Re: Change in business practices to accommodate Grants.gov Hawk, Patricia 09 Mar 2006 13:27 EST

I try to look on the bright side of the timezone thing, Susan.

In Oregeon, we get more time than the poor folks in Alaska and Hawaii

Pat

Patricia A. Hawk
Assistant Director
Office of Sponsored Programs
 and Research Compliance
Oregon State University
312 Kerr Administration Building
Corvallis, OR  97331-2140
541-737-6699 (voice)
541-737-3093 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Susan Burke
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:07 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Change in business practices to accommodate
Grants.gov

And now for the REAL change-in-business-practices question: How many of
you (Eastern time zone folks) are extending your office hours to 8 pm?
We have heard from some of the more odious  of our faculty that if the
deadline is 8 pm, then, by God, they have until 7:59 pm to get us the
proposal.  Let's not get into the lines-in-the-sand discussion, but I am
really curious as to how folks are going to deal with this.*

Why aren't we hearing howls of outrage from folks on the west coast who
are now at a three-hour disadvantage?

Susan

*My solution is to retire as soon as possible!

--
Susan B. Burke
Associate Director