Re: basic question Kaars, Charles 28 Feb 2006 17:24 EST

MC,

 This is an interesting exchange.  I hadn't thought about who
will get the error messages.  When we are handling 40 submissions on
Feb. 1 2007 we will not want to get the error messages in our mail
boxes.

C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:01 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] basic question

Bob-

Thanks!  Your FedEx analogy is apt.  We are trying to consider the best
way to give depts and investigators flexibility, get error notifications
back to the people who will need to make the corrections, and maintain
institutional control.  Obviously, this all looks ahead to those
deadlines when we would prefer to not monitor and micro-manage every
single proposal getting bounced around in the xml ether.  Who wants a
POed SO?

You mention that NIH says it sends messages to the person in section 19.
This is the AOR (not SO).  IF this is true, it means that a department
administrator authorized as an AOR can (following internal approvals)
submit a proposal, learn of errors, handle the resubmission, etc.  Then
the SO can do the final verification.

Charlie